JOIN US FOR A SPECIAL EVENT
with MA BHASKARANANDA from ANANDA ASHRAM
Join The Ayurvedic Center of Vermont and Ma Bhaskarananda for a weekend of Vedic wisdom to inspire your spiritual practice. Ma Bhaskarananda (Ma Bha) studied directly with Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati for more than fifteen years, receiving intensive training in meditation, Sanskrit language and Yoga-Vedanta philosophy. She has been a longtime resident teacher at Ananda Ashram and formerly served as a teacher and director at its sister organization, Brahmananda Ashram in San Francisco. Ma Bha was also on the faculty at the Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque for eight years, and in addition she offers classes and workshops at other centers in the U.S., Europe and India.
The Healing Sounds of Sanskrit
It’s very natural and easy to pronounce the sounds of Sanskrit sounds, words and mantras as guided by Ma Bha. Just as with asana practice, Sanskrit brings happiness and steadiness to all who enter with an open heart. Included will be chanting and meaning of some sacred Sanskrit mantras and prayers.
Saturday April 5, 2014
Heal the Atmosphere, and the Atmosphere Heals You
Performing the Agni Hotra and Homa Fire is a beautiful way to bring peace and harmony to the heart, mind, home and environment. Program will include chanting and meaning of the fire mantras and basic instructions for performing the ceremony.
Significance of the Vedic Fire Ceremony
- Anti-pollution - leading to purification of the five elements to their natural state.
- Anti-Nuclear Pollution – removing chemical and other nuclear pollutants.
- Anti-Biological Warfare – combating bacteria destructive to life and our earth.
- Increase Productivity of our Earth – stimulating growth of all the vegetable kingdom.
- Psychotherapy – Removing inner pollution of our mind and emotions.
- Holistic Healing through the Flame of Agni Hotra and Homa Fires.
Sunday April 6, 2014
Seminar on Mandukya Upanishad
10:00-12:30, 2:00 – 4:00pm
In the search for Self knowledge, follow the journey of OM through the three states of waking, dreaming and deep sleep. Then, with a leap of faith, enter into the inner silence, listening and meditating on OM – the source of all sound and the master key to unlock the secrets of the universe.